我翻译时有时也听音乐,但内蒙音乐还真没听过。

我在蒙大读过书,大家在一个城市。有机会可以见面聊聊......

michimmoff wrote:

大家好

我是学翻译在蒙特利尔,加拿大 (法文到英文)(中文是我的爱好)
我快毕业 ~ 最近做的翻译是用各种的音乐的风格
我着急翻译的事后就听内蒙音乐然后要做REVISION的事后 听 30年代的音乐 比如 :

The Ink Spots
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjTogT68HJ0&feature=autoplay&list=AL94UKMTqg-9AsejWzrC5Ny3ZK5Y9hNLWt&playnext=1

或者

Bobby Breen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z7E7ajLxyw

Michael Imhoff Arsenault 中文名子 : 海风

Jennifer li
Jennifer li
China
Local time: 03:09
English to Chinese
喜欢听缓和的音乐 Sep 19, 2012

翻译的时候还是喜欢听缓和一些的音乐,放松一下紧张的情绪。太吵的音乐觉得吵的心情烦乱。

James_xia
James_xia  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
分心vs分脑 Sep 28, 2012

jennifer_Li wrote:

翻译的时候还是喜欢听缓和一些的音乐,放松一下紧张的情绪。太吵的音乐觉得吵的心情烦乱。

翻译时一边欣赏音乐通常出现在工作节奏不是太紧的情况下。若赶时间时,音乐要不因为专心工作而‘听不见’,要不会让你不时分心,难以跟上计划的进度。有趣的是,同传译员在培训过程中需要学习一门‘功夫’:分脑。即听和说两不耽误。想来,有同传经验的朋友有更多机会在做案头笔译时真正欣赏到音乐吧~

deleted. (X)
deleted. (X)
Australia
Local time: 16:09
English to Chinese
+ ...
听大自然的声音 Sep 28, 2012

我正在考虑买一个降噪耳机(可以消除空调声、远处的交通声),然后听我买的cd上的河流小溪鸟鸣等大自然的声音。我觉得那比较适合在做翻译时听。

等我买到以后把体会告诉大家。在此之前,问一下,其他有人想过这么做么?

wherestip
wherestip  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:09
Chinese to English
+ ...
Bose QuietComfort 15 Sep 28, 2012

Li He wrote:

我正在考虑买一个降噪耳机(可以消除空调声、远处的交通声),然后听我买的cd上的河流小溪鸟鸣等大自然的声音。我觉得那比较适合在做翻译时听。

等我买到以后把体会告诉大家。在此之前,问一下,其他有人想过这么做么?

The Bose QuietComfort 15 is pretty good. Just make sure you don't accidentally drop the darn thing on a hard floor, 'cause it's not ruggedized. You'd have to shell out another $300 for a replacement, 'cause over time you get used to the higher quality of sound ... and expect it.

http://www.amazon.com/Bose-QuietComfort-Acoustic-Cancelling-Headphones/dp/B0054JJ0QW/ref=sr_1_1?s

[Edited at 2012-09-28 14:14 GMT]

deleted. (X)
deleted. (X)
Australia
English to Chinese
+ ...
I was looking at Sennheiser pxc 450 Sep 28, 2012

wherestip wrote:

Bose QuietComfort 15 is pretty good. Just make sure you don't accidentally drop the darn thing on a hard floor, 'cause it's not ruggedized.

http://www.amazon.com/Bose-QuietComfort-Acoustic-Cancelling-Headphones/dp/B0054JJ0QW/ref=sr_1_1?s

[Edited at 2012-09-28 13:21 GMT]

Thanks for the recommendation. I have tried Bose QuietComfort 15 at Apple Store, it does a good job of keeping out the white noise, but I can feel a pressure on my eardrum, and I believe that is not good for prolonged listening. So I'm looking at Sennheiser PXC 450 instead, I haven't tried it, but from the reviews I read, it does not have this problem.

wherestip
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
Technology Sep 28, 2012

Li He wrote:

wherestip wrote:

Bose QuietComfort 15 is pretty good. Just make sure you don't accidentally drop the darn thing on a hard floor, 'cause it's not ruggedized.

Thanks for the recommendation. I have tried Bose QuietComfort 15 at Apple Store, it does a good job of keeping out the white noise, but I can feel a pressure on my eardrum, and I believe that is not good for prolonged listening. So I'm looking at Sennheiser PXC 450 instead, I haven't tried it, but from the reviews I read, it does not have this problem.

Yes, you definitely have to go by what you like the most. Incidentally, I also have two Sennheiser wireless headphones. They do a pretty decent job for me watching TV programs, 'cause sometimes I have multiple TVs going.

FWIW, I usually also take into consideration the age of a product whenever I make a purchase of an electronic device, i.e., the year the product was 1st offered on the market. The Sennheiser PXC 450 seems to be getting a little long in the tooth, since Amazon had it since 2004. Typically I would pass up these older models for later comparable offerings. Technology improves year after year, and close to a decade could really make a huge difference.

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-PXC-450-Noise-Canceling-Headphones/dp/B000R2PC2M/ref=sr_1_1?ie

deleted. (X)
deleted. (X)
Australia
English to Chinese
+ ...
A good point about the product cycle Sep 29, 2012

wherestip wrote:
FWIW, I usually also take into consideration the age of a product whenever I make a purchase of an electronic device, i.e., the year the product was 1st offered on the market. The Sennheiser PXC 450 seems to be getting a little long in the tooth, since Amazon had it since 2004.

That's a good point. I haven't thought about that. I will do more research.

wherestip
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
Discriminating Audiophile Sep 29, 2012

Li He wrote:

A good point about the product cycle

That's a good point. I haven't thought about that. I will do more research.

Here are a couple of Sennheiser's high-end models. But then you really have to be getting into some serious listening to be willing to plunk down that kind of cash for some headphones.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001OTZ8DA
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0070U8KSM

[Edited at 2012-09-30 03:29 GMT]

deleted. (X)
deleted. (X)
Australia
English to Chinese
+ ...
Benefit of high-end headphones Sep 30, 2012

wherestip wrote:
Here are a couple of Sennheiser's high-end models. But then you really have to be getting into some serious listening to be willing to plunk down that kind of cash for some headphones.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001OTZ8DA
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0070U8KSM

[Edited at 2012-09-30 03:29 GMT]

I own a Sennheiser HD595 and a Sennheiser cx300 II which I bought through authorized dealers, and I use these to listen to classical music CDs on Sony CD walkman or Panasonic micro hifi stereo system. Sound quality wise, I cannot tell the difference between these headphones and the cheap Sony or Phillips earphones that came with the MP3 player and voice recorder. So I doubt I will get the benefit from a higher quality and more expensive headphones, besides, one cannot hide that kind of expense from the wife.

wherestip
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
To splurge or not to splurge? Sep 30, 2012

I've gone through 2 sets of Bose noise-cancelling headphones, and am now on my 3rd set. Like I said before, the engineering might be good, but the end product is cheaply made and easily breakable.

The Sennheiser HD800 looks like something they use in professional recording studios -completely German made with individual serial numbers engraved on the head band. I must say it's really tempting after seeing some of the images and reading some of the customer reviews....
See more
I've gone through 2 sets of Bose noise-cancelling headphones, and am now on my 3rd set. Like I said before, the engineering might be good, but the end product is cheaply made and easily breakable.

The Sennheiser HD800 looks like something they use in professional recording studios -completely German made with individual serial numbers engraved on the head band. I must say it's really tempting after seeing some of the images and reading some of the customer reviews.
Collapse

deleted. (X)
deleted. (X)
Australia
English to Chinese
+ ...
Hold off buying Oct 2, 2012

wherestip wrote:

The Sennheiser HD800 looks like something they use in professional recording studios -completely German made with individual serial numbers engraved on the head band. I must say it's really tempting after seeing some of the images and reading some of the customer reviews.

I have done some more research and have become more confused along the way. So I guess I will hold off buying for the moment. Do you feel a pressure on your eardrums from your Bose?

wherestip
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
Not a problem for me Oct 2, 2012

Li He wrote:

I have done some more research and have become more confused along the way. So I guess I will hold off buying for the moment. Do you feel a pressure on your eardrums from your Bose?

No, I don't. But then again, I don't sit at my computer and listen to music non-stop, plus the music I do listen to is mostly of genres similar to those I post in the "music" thread of our forum, meaning they're not heavy metal or rap etc., which could be damaging to the ears in the long run.

One thing good (or bad, depending on one's perspective) about Amazon, is that after you check something out, within hours they quickly prompt you for a bunch of related products that you might be interested in. That's how I learned about this other German audio equipment maker, Beyerdynamic.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0031RD3YY/

... Impressive customer reviews from some folks who seem to know what they're talking about. A couple of days ago, Amazon was selling this T1 Tesla headset below the MSRP (at $1096, as I remember). When they do that, the price would only show when you put the item in your shopping cart.

Jiang Xia
Jiang Xia  Identity Verified
China
Member (2011)
English to Chinese
我们内蒙古的民歌很好听的 Oct 24, 2012

推荐大家没事的时候听听蒙古族的长调,保证你起一身鸡皮疙瘩!好听着呢。

deleted. (X)
deleted. (X)
Australia
English to Chinese
+ ...
Bose QuiteComfort 15 Oct 25, 2012

wherestip wrote:

The Bose QuietComfort 15 is pretty good.

I bought Bose QuiteComfort 15 from apple store today, it costs 399.50 Australian dollars. I have 14 days to change my mind.

The final decision to go with Bose is due to: its small size (portability); it has microphone, so I can use this headphone to answer phones while driving (I do a one-hour-forty-minutes motorway driving twice a week, I intend to use it while driving); many people trash the Bose sound, but if there is any difference between Bose and other supposedly better-sounding headphones, I would'n be able to tell, they all sound similar to me; and of course, there is the legendary noise cansellation performace from Bose.

My home office is very quiet at the moment. I will wait for my wife to start the washing machine next door tonight, then I will test this headphone.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

你在一边做翻译的时候,是不是经常听音乐?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »