Thread poster: Drew MacFadyen
Drew MacFadyen
Drew MacFadyen  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:07
Spanish to English
+ ...
Sep 6, 2012

ProZ.com is proud to host the 4th annual freelance translator and interpreter virtual conference series.

5 days of exciting events for translators and language professionals.

To register to attend this FREE virtual event ser
... See more
ProZ.com is proud to host the 4th annual freelance translator and interpreter virtual conference series.

5 days of exciting events for translators and language professionals.

To register to attend this FREE virtual event series visit http://www.proz.com/virtual-conferences.php/group/5/register/#.

The 5-day series will include:
September 24 - Advanced translator skills virtual event

September 25 - ProZ.com day

September 26 - Recruitment day

September 27 - 2012 Freelance translator virtual conference
September 28 - CAT Tool & Software Day

ProZ.com virtual events are held online enabling anyone to participate from the comfort of their home or office. This event series is FREE TO ALL ProZ.com registered users. ProZ.com virtual events offer attendees unparalleled access to educational content, networking opportunities, recruitment opportunities and more, all within a rich and engaging online environment.

PLUS – save up to 50% on your favorite CAT Tools!

A few helpful tips:

• All conference sessions are listed in GMT, to view the sessions in your local time, you must set your local time zone in your profile. To watch a video on how to set your local time zone in your profile click here

• For the recruitment day event, you will only be able to express interest in those recruitment needs where your skill set and language pair match the requirements set by the outsourcer. This is a good reason to ensure that your profile is complete and up to date. For helpful tips on completing your profile you may wish to visit the http://www.proz.com/guidance-center

• To learn more about the benefits of membership - click here

Thanks, and hope to "see" everyone at the events this year.

Drew MacFadyen ▲ Collapse

Nikita Kobrin
Nikita Kobrin  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 16:07
Member (2010)
English to Russian
+ ...
'Add to calendar' feature doesn't work Sep 7, 2012

All the time I try to use this feature I got an error notice:

'Cannot import vCalendar file.

This error can appear if you have attempted to save a recurring Lunar appointment in iCalendar format.

To avoid this error, set the appointment option to Gregorian instead of Lunar.'

I don't know how to set this appointment option. Any tips?

BTW I have never experienced anything like that before. Has anything changed recently at Proz
... See more
All the time I try to use this feature I got an error notice:

'Cannot import vCalendar file.

This error can appear if you have attempted to save a recurring Lunar appointment in iCalendar format.

To avoid this error, set the appointment option to Gregorian instead of Lunar.'

I don't know how to set this appointment option. Any tips?

BTW I have never experienced anything like that before. Has anything changed recently at Proz in this respect?

NK
Collapse

Nikita Kobrin
Lithuania
Member (2010)
English to Russian
+ ...
It shouldn't be a 'recurring appointment', should it? Sep 7, 2012

It's just come into my mind that it shouldn't be a 'recurring appointment'. Perhaps that is the reason of the error?

NK

Drew MacFadyen
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for letting us know Sep 7, 2012

Hi Nakita - thanks for letting us know. I was not able to replicate this problem or bug. I was able to set multiple calendar links by downloading the ics files which opened in Outlook calendar. I was able to add to calendar via Chrome and FireFox and from the main session overview page and also from the individual session pages.

Can you let me know what browser, operating system, calendar you're using so we can try to replicate this bug?

Thanks

Drew

Nikita Kobrin
Lithuania
Member (2010)
English to Russian
+ ...
Quite possible the bug is on my old system Sep 7, 2012

Thanks for the reply, Drew!

Drew MacFadyen wrote:

Can you let me know what browser, operating system, calendar you're using so we can try to replicate this bug?

Firefox 15.0.1
Windows XP
Outlook 2003

I have just tried to do the same on my new PC:

IE 8
Windows 7
Outlook 2007

It seems the feature works there therefore it's quite possible the bug is on my old system.

NK

Drew MacFadyen
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Sep 7, 2012

It does sound like it is perhaps an issue on the old system. If you use google aps synch often the issue can be resolved by updating or reinstalling google aps synch.

Thanks

Drew

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ProZ.com's 2012 FREE virtual event series for translation professionals

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »