Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]
Poll: When you have nothing to translate, how do you occupy yourself?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Judith Shiozawa (X)
Judith Shiozawa (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:15
German to English
All of the above and then some* Jul 21, 2010

* for example fitness classes, cross-country skiing, biking. It all depends on the weather and what needs to be done.

Carla Catolino
Carla Catolino
Italy
Member (2008)
Italian to English
+ ...
Other Jul 21, 2010

I am lucky that my hubby looks after admin for me and that leaves me more time to spend with my daughters.

Muriel Vasconcellos
Muriel Vasconcellos  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:15
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Building a second career Jul 22, 2010

I have taken at total of 9 courses in ornamental horticulture and landscape design at two different schools (total 28 credits) and have also acquired two clients.

Translation comes first, but if I'm not translating, I'm either doing coursework or preparing presentations and materials for current and future clients.

Marlene Blanshay
Marlene Blanshay  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 23:15
Member (2009)
French to English
+ ...
a number of things... Jul 22, 2010

work has been almost non existent since about july 1, and I was planning on taking a bit of time off anyways. Save for a couple of small jobs. I use the time to catch up on shopping and take advantage of sales, go for long bike rides, rent dvds or watch movies, read novels...I haven't had an extended period of nothing since the xmas holidays and it was the same then, except for the long bike rides.

Anna Katikhina
Anna Katikhina  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:15
English to Russian
+ ...
bookkeeping if i can.. Jul 22, 2010

1. If i'm not translating, i'm interpreting.
2. If i'm not interpreting, i'm translating.
3. if i'm not interpreting or translating, it means that i've switched off my 2 mobile phones and macbook and i don't intend to come near them any time soon because i'm overwhelmed (which does not happen often because honestly i love my job).

if it's none of the above, i am bookkeeping, although usually i am forced to squeeze it somewhere between the 1st and the 2nd...

Madalena Ribeiro
Madalena Ribeiro  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:15
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Caregiver Jul 22, 2010

Paulo Celestino Guimaraes wrote:

and I am the one who takes care of her next to caregivers. Believe me I am pretty busy all time.

Hi Paulo! My mother too. I'm her only caregiver, so I know what you're talking about...

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Other Jul 22, 2010

All of the above with the exception of "marketing", which in my world means "lying" ...

awilliams
awilliams
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:15
Italian to English
+ ...
Surfing Jul 22, 2010

...the outdoors kind of surfing, not surfing the web. Nothing puts you in the right mood for the working day like dunking your head in the English Channel. If there's no surf, then swimming, running or meeting friends.

Have a nice day all.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: When you have nothing to translate, how do you occupy yourself?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »