Pagine:   < [1 2]
Poll: Do you think that Skype is a must for your business communications?
Iniziatore argomento: ProZ.com Staff
Mary Worby
Mary Worby  Identity Verified
Regno Unito
Local time: 11:14
Da Tedesco a Inglese
+ ...
No Jul 15, 2011

I don't use Skype at all. In however many years of translation, I've only been asked to use it once by a customer. I installed it and used it for that particular query, but didn't find it any more efficient than using e-mail.

Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:14
Membro (2004)
Da Italiano a Tedesco
+ ...
I use Skype and like it, but nearly only for private communications Jul 15, 2011

Otherwise, it would become a slavery.

I would not like to be interrupted all the time with things that can be handled as well by email - and can wait:-)

So, I am not eager at all to disclose my Skype name to business contacts...

Muriel Vasconcellos
Muriel Vasconcellos  Identity Verified
Stati Uniti
Local time: 03:14
Membro (2003)
Da Spagnolo a Inglese
+ ...
No - too wordy, too time-consuming Jul 16, 2011

neilmac wrote:

Clients are best kept at arms' length, or else they pop up every 2 minutes with queries, revisions, quibbles, etc etc...
They pester me enough as it is.

Even with telephone and e-mail, much of my correspondence with clients is too wordy, too much information, and involves too many details that I consider unimportant. I want to spend my time translating.

Once a client tried to engage me in debate over whether or not I should have translated the street name in an address, and how it should be displayed. I wanted to say, "Lady, you paid me to do a professional job. I sold you a product and it's yours now. If you want to change it, feel free to do so, but please don't waste my time."

Pagine:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderatore(i) di questo Forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Do you think that Skype is a must for your business communications?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »