Trados 2024 worth the upgrade?
스레드 게시자: Jonas Heisenberg
Jonas Heisenberg
Jonas Heisenberg
독일
Local time: 00:23
영어에서 독일어
Jul 5

I have Studio 2019 (and before) and as a freelancer mainly use the regular features. There are numerous bugs in the editor just in normal use, e.g. * when using "replace"/"replace all", one has to first do a "search" * many tags are not editable/deletable no matter if "protect tags" is enabled or not * undo of "replace all" does weird things. There are also larger issues like corrupted files when the app crashes. Is any of this fixed in 2024?

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
러시아 연방
Local time: 01:23
영어에서 러시아어
RE: Tags Jul 5

Unless you are talking about a tag soup, tags are mandatory. You can't remove them in the first place. If you mean that there are too many superfluous tags (tag soup), it's because of the poor preparation of files on the user's side.
What regards other bugs, you can test them all and find out whether anything on your list was fixed or not by downloading a trial version of Trados 2024. It is
... See more
Unless you are talking about a tag soup, tags are mandatory. You can't remove them in the first place. If you mean that there are too many superfluous tags (tag soup), it's because of the poor preparation of files on the user's side.
What regards other bugs, you can test them all and find out whether anything on your list was fixed or not by downloading a trial version of Trados 2024. It is officially available for 30 days here: https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=000012378
Collapse

Jorge Payan
Sebastian Witte

Jonas Heisenberg
Jonas Heisenberg
독일
영어에서 독일어
주제 스타터
Re:Tags Jul 9

"Tags are mandatory" *is* the joke.

Lieven Malaise
Lieven Malaise
벨기에
회원(2020)
프랑스어에서 네덜란드어
+ ...
Studio 2019 Jul 10

I have been using 2019 for several years now and it works like a charm. I have one single customer whose files sometimes cause Trados to crash. A bit annoying, but I just restart it and I can go back to work, without corrupted files or data.

I'm actually working with Trados since the year 2000 and I've never got serious problems. If I read all those recurring complaints I can't help but wondering if it's perhaps more of a hardware problem than a software problem.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2024 worth the upgrade?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »