Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 01:55
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Oct 4, 2012

Hi everyone,

I'm probably going to be editing a big translation with lots of files using MemSource. Before I start, can anyone give me any feedback on their experience with it?
I'm going to use MemSource editor and connect with MemSource cloud for real-time TM updating.

Is there anything positive or negative I need to know before I start?
Thanks,
Emma

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:55
Finnish to French
Editor quite simple Oct 4, 2012

Emma Goldsmith wrote:
I'm probably going to be editing a big translation with lots of files using MemSource. Before I start, can anyone give me any feedback on their experience with it?
I'm going to use MemSource editor and connect with MemSource cloud for real-time TM updating.

Looking forward to a detailed blog post about your experience upon completion of the job
Emma Goldsmith wrote:
Is there anything positive or negative I need to know before I start?

Last time I had a look at it (Spring 2012), the editor was pretty bare-bone compared to full-fledged environments like Studio, memoQ etc. I didn't look at it in-depth, though, nor did I complete a real-life job with it.

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 01:55
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
blog post Nov 14, 2012

Dominique Pivard wrote:

Looking forward to a detailed blog post about your experience upon completion of the job

I see you have already spotted and Tweeted it, Dominique!

If anyone else is interested, I completed the above project and blogged about my experience with MemSource here:

http://signsandsymptomsoftranslation.com/2012/11/09/memsource/

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:55
Finnish to French
Follow Emma on Twitter Nov 14, 2012

Emma Goldsmith wrote:
I see you have already spotted and Tweeted it, Dominique!

Yes, I follow you on Twitter and invite other Twitter users to follow you at https://twitter.com/GoldsmithTrans in order to be informed of your future blog posts. Thanks for the comparison!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Feedback on MemSource please

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »