Linguistic Toolbox (Lionbridge) and Trados?
Thread poster: Tatjana Lauber
Tatjana Lauber
Tatjana Lauber  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 00:13
Member (2011)
English to German
+ ...
Nov 9, 2012

Dear colleagues

Could you please tell me if and how it is possible to use the Linguistic Toolbox (Lionbridge) with Trados?

Thank you!

Tatjana

Dmytro Bondarev
Dmytro Bondarev  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 01:13
Member (2008)
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
Yes, with Trados 2007 and earlier Nov 9, 2012

You can add TTX and Word files translated with Trados to Input Files tab in LTB.

Tatjana Lauber
Tatjana Lauber  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 00:13
Member (2011)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Ah, thank you very much Dmytro! Nov 9, 2012

Just to make sure that I got it right: I translate (as usual) in Tag Editor 2007 and then I process the ttx in LTB. Correct?

Unfortunately, I didn't even manage to install LTB since I'm not using Translation Workspace...

Dmytro Bondarev
Dmytro Bondarev  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Member (2008)
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
User name, password and tenancy from Lionbridge are needed Nov 9, 2012

Just to make sure that I got it right: I translate (as usual) in Tag Editor 2007 and then I process the ttx in LTB. Correct?

Yes, that's right

Unfortunately, I didn't even manage to install LTB since I'm not using Translation Workspace...

You need to have a user name and password from Lionbridge (same as for Translation Workspace) to install and use LTB. This tool goes online every time you start it, asks you to enter the sign-in credentials and checks that you have a proper license.

Georgi Kovachev
Georgi Kovachev  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Member (2010)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Are you working on a Lionbridge's project Nov 12, 2012

Hi Tatjana,

If I am not wrong, you should use the LTB only for Lionbridge's projects. From your information, I can infer that, most likely, you are working on a project for a third party. IMO, you should check your agreement.

Happy translating!

Regards,
Georgi

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Linguistic Toolbox (Lionbridge) and Trados?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »