Convert pdf with Finereader to odt or docx document
Thread poster: Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Mar 26, 2023

I just ran a test to convert a pdf (created with my Epson Perfection V39 scanner) with Abbyy Finereader to both a LibreOffice (odt) and an Ms Word document (docx).

I used Finereader 12.1.14 for Mac with its default settings and automatic OCR process.

It was amazing how much better the odt document was compared to the docx. After opening the documents in my CAT tool, the Ms Word document contained many tags and split sentences. The odt document was perfect.

... See more
I just ran a test to convert a pdf (created with my Epson Perfection V39 scanner) with Abbyy Finereader to both a LibreOffice (odt) and an Ms Word document (docx).

I used Finereader 12.1.14 for Mac with its default settings and automatic OCR process.

It was amazing how much better the odt document was compared to the docx. After opening the documents in my CAT tool, the Ms Word document contained many tags and split sentences. The odt document was perfect.

Have you experienced this too?
Collapse

Tony M
Tony M
France
Local time: 10:47
French to English
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
No experience of this, but just one point... Mar 26, 2023

This is good to know, but do bear in mind that the .ODT format is not universally openable by other word processors; so I would suggest that once you have this .ODT doc, you should then save it as .DOC, which will then be compatible with any word processor down the line.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Convert pdf with Finereader to odt or docx document

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »