Broken links in Kudoz/job notifications?
Thread poster: Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Sonja Tomaskovic (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:55
English to German
+ ...
Jun 24, 2004

Hello,

in the past couple of days I have received some kudoz/job notifications with links that lead to me an error page (Kudoz/job not found, or something like that).

Is it only me, or did anyone else experience the same problems?

I know that there has been a problem with broken links in the past, but AFAIK the problems have been resolved. At least for me, this one's completely new.
Thanks.

Sonja

[Edited at 2004-06-24 08:
... See more
Hello,

in the past couple of days I have received some kudoz/job notifications with links that lead to me an error page (Kudoz/job not found, or something like that).

I know that there has been a problem with broken links in the past, but AFAIK the problems have been resolved. At least for me, this one's completely new.
Thanks.

Sonja

[Edited at 2004-06-24 08:30]

Collapse

gianfranco
gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 04:55
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Send some examples Jun 24, 2004

Dear Sonja,

could you please send a message to [email protected] copying into it an example of notification containing the incorrect links.

If possible, please send one example each for Jobs and KudoZ notifications.

Thank you
Gianfranco
ProZ.com Team

Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Sonja Tomaskovic (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The bug is on my side Jun 24, 2004

Hello Gianfranco,

thank you for your kind help.

However, it seems that I have found the "bug". My email client seems to add a line break (br) after every line. When I click on a link the line break simply stays there and of course there is no kudoz question no. xxxxx%3Cbr.

Sorry for the trouble that I have caused.

Sonja

[Edited at 2004-06-24 11:26]

Jeff Allen
Jeff Allen  Identity Verified
France
Multiplelanguages
+ ...
broken links in several places in forums Oct 23, 2004

Sonja Tomaskovic wrote:

I have been finding that the forums archive has been truncating links in various places during last few days. It appear that the Proz.com archive is truncating the links a few characters from the end of a given URL. The truncation can be seen in that the active link is red/marroon, but the intended link continues with black characters. Examples below:

See first entry in:
http://www.proz.com/topic/25927

See first link for entry 9 Oct by me (Jeff) entitled "Eng>Hindi MT"
http://www.proz.com/topic/17428

I'll send this by e-mail to the proz support address too.

Jeff

[Edited at 2004-12-29 13:01]

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 03:55
SITE STAFF
Forum link problem corrected Oct 25, 2004

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for pointing out this problem. It was caused by a new word-wrapping feature I added to the forums this weekend to prevent really long words from stretching out the display too wide. I think I have corrected the problem. Very long links will still appear to wrap in the forum display, but the actual clickable links should work properly.

Best regards,

Jason

Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:55
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
URLs are not shortened in forums and stretch out display Jul 30, 2006

Jason Grimes wrote:

It was caused by a new word-wrapping feature I added to the forums this weekend to prevent really long words from stretching out the display too wide. I think I have corrected the problem. Very long links will still appear to wrap in the forum display, but the actual clickable links should work properly.

Best regards,

Jason

Jason,
We are having trouble with long URLs in the Hungarian forum, they are not shortened and therefore they are stretching out the entire forum-display.
Could you please look into this?
Here is an example:
http://www.proz.com/post/380862#380862

Thanks
Katalin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Broken links in Kudoz/job notifications?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »