Error Dragon Naturally Speaking v. 11 "Com return an unexpected error code HOOKERR_NONOTIFYWINDOW"
Thread poster: Els Hendriks
Els Hendriks
Els Hendriks
Netherlands
Local time: 03:47
English to Dutch
+ ...
Jun 6, 2012

Hi,

I have trouble getting DNS (K609Z-W00-Q8A2-M80E-ZC) working in Trados Studio 2009. When I dictate I get the message "Com return an unexpected error code HOOKERR_NONOTIFYWINDOW". It works fine in Word or Excel, but not with Trados (and that's why I bought DNS).
Any suggestions available?

Tom Hamilton
Tom Hamilton
Local time: 19:47
English
HOOKERR_NONOTIFYWINDOW Jun 15, 2012

Until there is a better fix, we suggest one of the following:

■Disable flash in your web browser: Firefox menu> Add-ons> Plugins — then select Shockwave Flash and Disable.
■Uninstall Adobe Flash 11.3.300.257 and install Adobe Flash 11.2.202.233.
■Try using Internet Explorer (please report to us if you see this error message when using Internet Explorer).

If this does occur with Internet Explorer, disable the Shockwave Flash as follows: T
... See more
Until there is a better fix, we suggest one of the following:

■Disable flash in your web browser: Firefox menu> Add-ons> Plugins — then select Shockwave Flash and Disable.
■Uninstall Adobe Flash 11.3.300.257 and install Adobe Flash 11.2.202.233.
■Try using Internet Explorer (please report to us if you see this error message when using Internet Explorer).

If this does occur with Internet Explorer, disable the Shockwave Flash as follows: Tools> Internet Options> Programs> Manage add-ons> Show: All add-ons — then select Shockwave Flash and Disable.
Collapse

Els Hendriks
Els Hendriks
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I tried that already Jun 18, 2012

Hi Tom,

unfortunately I tried these solutions already.
I work with Google Chrome by the way and none of these things changed anything. I even went back to Adobe flash 10.1.3.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Kind regards,
Els.

Paula González Fernández
Paula González Fernández  Identity Verified
Germany
English to Spanish
+ ...
Problem with Adobe Jun 30, 2013

It might be too late now for you, but probably this will help someone else.

I had had problems with Dragon running together with Trados or Wordfast, but not always, sometimes it just depended on the files.

Following what is
... See more
It might be too late now for you, but probably this will help someone else.

I had had problems with Dragon running together with Trados or Wordfast, but not always, sometimes it just depended on the files.

Following what is suggested in this page:

http://www.knowbrainer.com/forums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=4&threadid=11332

I've downloaded Nitro Reader without problems and it seems to work very smoothly with Dragon. I even think that Dragon is typing much faster than before. And Nitro seems to be a very complete software.

Hope it helps,

Paula
Collapse

David BUICK
David BUICK  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
Another sufferer Jan 15, 2014

I've had this problem off and on ever since installing v11.

I use DVX 2.

Normally, if I don't use Adobe or Flash, everything is fine. If I do, I can resolve the issue by closing the offending software and checking in task manager that the process is completely halted before relaunching Dragon.

Occassionally, however, none of Adobe, Flash and Firefox are running and Dragon still crashes. Only a full restart overcomes this.

Does anyone have any i
... See more
I've had this problem off and on ever since installing v11.

I use DVX 2.

Normally, if I don't use Adobe or Flash, everything is fine. If I do, I can resolve the issue by closing the offending software and checking in task manager that the process is completely halted before relaunching Dragon.

Occassionally, however, none of Adobe, Flash and Firefox are running and Dragon still crashes. Only a full restart overcomes this.

Does anyone have any idea what other programs or processes might be causing the conflict?

[Edited at 2014-01-15 10:52 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error Dragon Naturally Speaking v. 11 "Com return an unexpected error code HOOKERR_NONOTIFYWINDOW"

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »