Oksana Lyutikova
Oksana Lyutikova  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 11:10
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
Mar 19, 2007

Dear collegues,

I would like to ask for some help in approximating me to your realities.
I have some co-workers to go to Vaxjo on a business trip for a month or two. Thus, my question is about
Apartment Rent (3-room appartment, I guess... BTW, what would you recommend for a group of 6 guys?)
Utility
Food (in supermarkets)
Meals outside
Leisure and other
Public Transportation

Besides some valuable information on local specifics
... See more
Dear collegues,

I would like to ask for some help in approximating me to your realities.
I have some co-workers to go to Vaxjo on a business trip for a month or two. Thus, my question is about
Apartment Rent (3-room appartment, I guess... BTW, what would you recommend for a group of 6 guys?)
Utility
Food (in supermarkets)
Meals outside
Leisure and other
Public Transportation

Besides some valuable information on local specifics and habits will be much appreciated.

Looking forward to your posts!
Collapse

Mitch Hammarstrom
Mitch Hammarstrom  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:10
English to Swedish
+ ...
I am from Sweden Mar 20, 2007

First off, I don't understand why you're worrying about rent if you're only staying for two months. If you're going to give your co-workers money for something, let it be water. Electricity is included in the rent, so that's not a big problem.

Basic food...Bread, Cheese, Milk, Bread...is usually cheap. But commodities tend to run a bit higher than other countries.

Eating out is expensive in Sweden unless you want to eat pizza or a hamburger...But Swedes tend to eat at h
... See more
First off, I don't understand why you're worrying about rent if you're only staying for two months. If you're going to give your co-workers money for something, let it be water. Electricity is included in the rent, so that's not a big problem.

Basic food...Bread, Cheese, Milk, Bread...is usually cheap. But commodities tend to run a bit higher than other countries.

Eating out is expensive in Sweden unless you want to eat pizza or a hamburger...But Swedes tend to eat at home; so your co-workers should know what to do.

Public transportation is wonderful all over Sweden and is very cheap as well.

I'm not familiar with the Vaxjo area, so I cannot give you any info on leisure and extra activities.

Hope this helps.
Collapse

Mats Wiman
Mats Wiman  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 10:10
Member (2000)
German to Swedish
+ ...
In memoriam
A few Internet tips Mar 20, 2007

Have a go at:

http://www.vaxjo.se

Where to stay:
http://www.vaxjo.se/vaxjo_templates/ExternalPage.aspx?id=1034
... See more
Have a go at:

http://www.vaxjo.se

Where to stay:
http://www.vaxjo.se/vaxjo_templates/ExternalPage.aspx?id=1034

Where and what to eaat:
http://www.vaxjo.se/vaxjo_templates/ExternalPage.aspx?id=1105

Unfortunately only in Swedish.
Maybe you should try to find a Swedish-speaking friend where you are.

Best

MW

[Edited at 2007-03-20 04:11]
Collapse

Oksana Lyutikova
Ukraine
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
expences cost Mar 20, 2007

Mitch Hammarstrom wrote:

First off, I don't understand why you're worrying about rent if you're only staying for two months. If you're going to give your co-workers money for something, let it be water....

Thank you Mitch. Living in your own country is habitual for you, but it is not that simple for people who are leaving abroad for the first time in their lives.

The inviting party offers to pay accomodation etc. and I was wondering if the proposed amounts were sufficient and descent.

FYI we have much cheaper food and transportation but more expensive accomodation. Yet, I was interested in specific figures.

Oksana Lyutikova
Ukraine
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
e-travelling Mar 20, 2007

Mats Wiman wrote:

Have a go at:

Unfortunately only in Swedish.
Maybe you should try to find a Swedish-speaking friend where you are.

Best

MW

[Edited at 2007-03-20 04:11]

Thank you Mats!

I will definitely visit the sites.

Regards,
OL

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Anna Herbst[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cost of accomodation and food in Vaxjo

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »