Lucia Messuti
Lucia Messuti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 00:02
English to Italian
+ ...
Jan 31, 2017

Hello
I'm having issues with spellcheck with words with apostrophe. They are always marked as a mistake and as in Italian we have many words with apostophe, running a spellcheck is very long and slow.

How can this be managed?

Thanks

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
Fixed in upcoming release Jan 31, 2017

Dear Lucia,
Sorry for the frustration, this has been fixed in an upcoming release. In the meantime, you can run a Transcheck report and scan the spelling section of the HTML report for errors instead of having to ignore each instance of a false positive.

Kind regards,
John

Lucia Messuti
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Good idea! Feb 2, 2017

Hi John
thanks for your tip. It'a good idea and quite quick

Lucia Messuti
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Maybe a Bilingual report.... Feb 9, 2017

Maybe running a Bilingual report would be faster. To get it, should I go to the project or may I just run it for a single file? And then may I upload it just as I do with WF3 ?

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
Bilingual export and import Feb 9, 2017

Lucia Messuti wrote:

Maybe running a Bilingual report would be faster. To get it, should I go to the project or may I just run it for a single file? And then may I upload it just as I do with WF3 ?

You could also use bilingual export and import under quicktools, but TC report is faster in my opinion.

Kind regards,

John

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WF 4 and words with Apostrophe

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »