Muhamad Zuhrianto
Muhamad Zuhrianto
인도네시아
Local time: 05:16
영어에서 인도네시아어
+ ...
Jul 12

Hi everyone!

Currently, I have a potential client asked for the rates of a subtitling review service. I'm still new to this service. I would like to ask, how much are the common per-minute rates for this type of service?
Language pairs:
- English to Indonesian
- Indonesian to English

Thanks all!

Post hidden: The author has been asked to edit this post for the following reason: Pls use the forum designated language - https://www.proz.com/siterules/forum/7#7
Novian Cahyadi
Novian Cahyadi  Identity Verified
인도네시아
회원(Apr 2024)
영어에서 인도네시아어
+ ...
Rates for Subtitling QC Jul 14

Agencies typically expect 1/3 to 1/2 of your rate for master template translation. That said, I've heard translators being offered 60% to 70% of it.

Muhamad Zuhrianto
Muhamad Zuhrianto
인도네시아
영어에서 인도네시아어
+ ...
주제 스타터
Good numbers Jul 14

Novian Cahyadi wrote:

Agencies typically expect 1/3 to 1/2 of your rate for master template translation. That said, I've heard translators being offered 60% to 70% of it.

Hi Novian! That's a really good numbers. Thank you for answering! It really clears my mind now.

Josephine Cassar
Josephine Cassar  Identity Verified
몰타
Local time: 00:16
회원(2012)
영어에서 몰타어
+ ...
Subtitling review rates Jul 14

Review of subtitles is not the same as review of a translated text. Check if you also need to change the timings, or if it's just review of translated material. Reviewing subtitles means going over and over the video and if it's not clear or sound is of poor quality, then it means more time spent on reviewing. You also need to split subtitles sometimes as short subtitles help the audience. All these things have to be taken into consideration when deciding about subtitling reviews. Normally, it's... See more
Review of subtitles is not the same as review of a translated text. Check if you also need to change the timings, or if it's just review of translated material. Reviewing subtitles means going over and over the video and if it's not clear or sound is of poor quality, then it means more time spent on reviewing. You also need to split subtitles sometimes as short subtitles help the audience. All these things have to be taken into consideration when deciding about subtitling reviews. Normally, it's 1/3 of translation rate but translating subtitles is more time-consuming so the rate is much higher than for text translation. Good luck.Collapse

Jorge Payan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Rates for subtitling review

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »