Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Where to start from with Translation Tools?
Thread poster: Andonova
Andonova
Andonova  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:24
Bulgarian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
One more question new bee stile Mar 25, 2016

Private customers very often send me small projects consisting of 10 -20 scanned pages in jpeg format. Can I open these files with a CAT tool?

Alexandre Chetrite
Alexandre Chetrite
France
Local time: 03:24
English to French
Don't forget about MetaTexis! Apr 25, 2016

Hi,
Nobody mentioned MetaTexis I believe. It is a plugin for Microsoft Office and works great! Of course it is less powerful than Trados, but I did many translations with the Pro version of MetaTexis and it's great.

But after all, it's your choice.

Merab Dekano
Merab Dekano  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2014)
English to Spanish
+ ...
OCM Apr 25, 2016

Andonova wrote:

Private customers very often send me small projects consisting of 10 -20 scanned pages in jpeg format. Can I open these files with a CAT tool?

Some CAT tools have built in/integrated OCR (optical character recognition) capabilities. The safest option is to get a licence yourself. I believe we are not allowed to mention specific names, but there are some OCR software that work fine.

And do not forget to charge for the time you spend on running those files through your OCR software. Agree on rates on beforehand, though. This is not translation-related but formatting-related task.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Where to start from with Translation Tools?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »